Jason,

url=http://your.machine/de
>livered.php?msisdn=<msisdn>

I understood that part of it, but what I want to know, is what does the DLR callback URL
include, to identify it as a delivery report for a specific message.

My take is that you generate some unique id yourself in the code where you execute the sendsms http call and feed that in the dlr-url.

For example:

You want to have a dlr url called for a message with id = 431221 (which you generated yourself), then this is the url you want called by Kannel:

http://your.machine/delivered.php?message-id= 431221&type=8

(where type is filled in by Kannel, see the user guide for the various values and their meanings)

You call Kannel like this:

http://kannel.machine:13013/cgi-bin/sendsms?.....&dlr-
url=http://your.machine/delivered.php?message-id= 431221&type=%d

(the dlr-url must be url encoded of course, I left that out, as well as any other parameters to sendsms)

Kannel maintains the relation between this specific url and a specific message, you don't have to worry about that.

Hope this clarifies things a bit for ya,

regards,

Bas.