[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Any idea generally how long it might be before 1.3.x goes into
> "feature-freeze"
> phase?

now, as I asked for comments, I suggest to have a couple of issues
included into 1.3.2 development and let that be then in
"feature-freeze", which means only bug fixing, and populate it to
1.4.0 stable.

> Its considered important by some in my company, that we have an idea
> which
> version of Kannel will be ready for production use for our clients,
> when we
> ship our software, with Kannel support in August/September 2003.

The list consideres currently the CVS tree to be of (almost)
production quality. A lot of Kannel users (mainly companies that to
extensive MT and MO traffic) use the CVS tree in production
environments.

> I realise that this is something you cannot answer with any
> certainty, but
> an indication of what is required to reach a "feature-freeze" phase,
> would
> be just as helpful.  How close do you feel Kannel is to a feature
> freeze?
>
> Since you have only release 1.3.1 and looking at 1.3.2, perhaps
> 1.4.0 is
> a bit of a way off.

nop, 1.3.2 is pretty close I guess and a feature-freeze is usually 2-3
weeks, depending how many people do/do not report bugs.

Stipe

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Wapme Systems AG

Vogelsanger Weg 80