Hi list,

we came accross a demand that can be implemented in Kannel for various
other functional uses.

Assume you want to receive MOs via bearerbox and pass to smsbox, but
you don't want to handle them on-the-fly. So what you can do is push
them via 'get-url' to an HTTP server and store them application
internally.

If you want to avoid this, we may provide a simple 'store' transport,
that stores the MO into a file of kannel.store file structure. Hence
If you want to re-queue those stored messages you simply stop
bearerbox, copy the contents of the store to kannel.store and they
will be re-routed to smsbox.

A config would look like this:

  group = sms-service
  accepted-smsc = "smsc_a;smsc_b"
  store = "/var/kannel/store/%i"

to store all MOs from smsc links 'smsc_a' and 'smsc_b' to
/var/kannel/store/smsc_a and /var/kannel/store/smsc_b.

I think this shouldn't be too hard to implement and would be very
usefull to have a re-queuing alternative.

Stipe

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Wapme Systems AG

Vogelsanger Weg 80