From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2003 9:05 PM
Subject: TON error on SMSpush

> Hi. I'm a newbie user of Kannel. I've posted a message to the user list
but not heard a response yet, so I thought I would post a query here.

> I'm connecting to an Orange SMSC. I am sending using both short and long
numbers. For the long numbers I need to se the source_addr_ton to 1 and for
short numbers to 3. In both cases I need to set the dest_addr_ton to 1 (to
target handsets).

> My SMSC Config has the lines:
>  group=smsc
>  smsc-id=oshort
>  host = xxxxx
>  port = 8000
>  receive-port=8000
>  smsc-username=xxx
>  smsc-password=xxx
>  system-type=SMPP
>  dest-addr-ton=1
>  source-addr-ton=3
>  source-addr-npi=1
>
> However, while the bearerbox log shows that "Manually forced the source
addr ton = 3, source add npi = 1", the dest_addr_ton is stuck on 2. This is
odd, because is should default to 0.