On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 05:01:50PM +0200, Nisan Bloch wrote:

> I would prefer to see some sort of lookup interface.. Something like a
> "HLR" box.
> Of more importance is how to implement the lookup and when (as this will
> incur a msg cost)? Use some third party? Do some SS7 integration? Booktrout
> have some nice APIs with their SS7 cards.
> Also of course if we keep the numbers in a hash table, when does one
> refresh?

Od course this begs the question, how does one query an HLR using SS7,
the UK networks are extremely unlikely to allow any 3rd party that
hasn't signed roaming agreements/whatever.

Maybe a nice friendly foreign operator could be persuaded to offer such
a service, and maybe someone would like to sit a box somewhere to allow
3rd party queries ? hmmmm ... You'd need to implement MAP/SS7, but hey.

Steve

--
NetTek Ltd Phone/Fax +44-(0)20 7483 2455
SMS steve-pager (at) gbnet.net [body] gpg 1024D/468952DB 2001-09-19