Hi Oscar,

Oscar Medina Duarte wrote:

Hi all,

I'm looking for an interesting topic for my bachelor degree thesis, my
first shot is to do something related to my work, that is, sms and
protocol related...

Any suggestions !??

Here is my topic candidate list so far:

Kannel security
Design of guidelines to deploy Kannel in a secure high risk environment,
as kannel systems often have something to do with making money, these
have to be run in a way to reduce risk of being successfully attacked.

correct. Even the concentration on billing and logging security aspects would be highly relevant. Thing of the question: "How do I log and analyze traffic flows in a high-traffic-packet environment, like Kannel, when it's driven to it's limits".

Hot points:
        Secure/proper implementation (This may include change of code or
                architecture to have correct practices)
        Configuration and preparation of a secure environment, OS selection and
                configuration.

Kannel SMPPv5 implementation
Upgrade Kannel smsc SMPP module to comply with SMPP v5.

:) yep. This would be interesting for the group too. But(!), if you tend to implement things, I'd suggest to go for the MMAP protocoll (the SOAP/XML dialect for SMS and mesasge transmission). In this case I'd highly would be colaborative with using the gSOAP C preprocessor engine (which we use for MM7, MM4 layerin in MMSC).

Kannel JMS gateway
Make a smsjmsbox for kannel, this is to create a kannel box to allow a
JMS compliant software to comunicate with kannel using an object
oriented protocol.

very interesting too. I'm not that familiar with Java internals, but it would be highly valueable to have a "docking-point" to Kannel for Java enviroment that allow Java SMS objects for various purposes.

Hot points:
        Implementation of Kannel's internal protocol using java
        SMS filtering rules
        MO and MT billing support and accounting
        Contibution to a OpenSource project

Kannel Web Service Gateway Make a smsWSbox for kannel, this is to create a kannel box that comunicates with other applications using a Web Service as a communication standard. Hot points: Using Web Services with native software

yep, that's what I ment with the open standard from the SMPP forum, called MMAP.

Stipe

mailto:stolj_{at}_wapme.de
Wapme Systems AG

Vogelsanger Weg 80