Mario Noboa wrote:
Hi Stipe, few days ago i did a stress test with an operator, kannel worked
very well with 30 msg/s. But i had problems with more than 40 msg/s in a
smpp conexion. I set throughput=6 and max-pending-submits=50 but didn't
work.

This error appears for each messange sent:

2005-09-02 11:15:51 [11943] [11] WARNING: SMPP[COM]: SMSC sent
submit_sm_resp with wrong sequence number 0x0001001d

I have a CPU system with 2 Gb and 1200 MHz. How would i configure kannel for
this stress test?

Hi Mario,

now in terms of this WARNING, it means, Kannel received an submit_sm_resp PDU from the SMPP SMSC with a sequence number that was not within the dictonary of "still open" sequence number PDUs.

Obviously there may be 2 possible reasons:

a) a race-condition within the Kannel handling. Actually bearerbox transmitting the submit_sm PDU and receiving the _resp PDU "faster" then being able to drop the message in the "still open dictonary". Which is almost uncertain, due to the amount of only 50 msg/sec.

b) a problem on the SMSC side itself. Which seems more reasonable.

I'd suggest that you do various tests on there again and try to circle in the problem scope. I do assume that you may not be able to reproduce the effect on a determenestic base, right?

Stipe

mailto:stolj_{at}_wapme-group.de
Wapme Systems AG

Vogelsanger Weg 80