there's an additional issue here.
how to define "spam".
in my case, the customer who sends the message is the originator. He is liable
for any spam complaints. However I can not filter messages away because what I
see as "spam" he might not see as spam and the receiver neither. The receiver
might have agreed to receive advertisement messages from the sender.

The second issue is that we are not allowed to look at the content. Privacy
laws are very strict. Telecommunications  are covered under privacy. You can
not wiretap your customers phone line neither.

The third issue is the customer pays you money to deliver the messages. So you
are obliged to deliver them.

Normally what we see is that operators put pretty clear rules into their
contracts. If you get complaints from the receivers, you can simply hold the
sender liable. In other words,  "not your problem".