On 13.09.2012, at 11:06, khaled mohamed <kmoha...@razytech.com> wrote:

> MR(s);
>              we try to get delivery report from kannel i found away on kannel
> 1.4. user's guide  using the dlr-mask and dlr-url (in chapter 9 sms delivery
> report).
>               i have some questions hope to get answers.
>           1:   shall we make a URL to to get delivery reports on it?
>           2:  written in user's guide URL for example
> dlr-url=http://www.xyz.com/cgi/dlr.php?type=%d      what is d? is it the
> number referred to delivery report type  and if it_ shall we make
>              number of web pages equivalent to kind of delivery reports we
> need please explain that?

%d contains the status of the delivery.
you get called when the message gets buffered first for example and lateron
again when its delivered. The values match the request values in dlr_mask.

>           3:shall we pass the dlr-url in the link of sending message beside
> dlr_mask?

yes. Otherwise kannel doesn't know where to call you back on

>           4:if the answer of 1 is yes here some code of java script that some
> one who use kannel published it on line i want also some explain. on it
>
> // This is an imaginary phone number
> var number  = "+222222222222222222"  //  shall it change to the number we
> send to after sending or we change it before or what?
>
> // This is the SMS content
> var text    = encodeURIComponent("Hello World!") //   shall it change to the
> message we send to after sending or we change it before or what?
>
> // This is the URL that is called when the deliver report is received
> var dlr_url =
> encodeURIComponent("http://localhost/my_app/recieve_delivery_report?status=%d";)
>
> // This is the default send_sms url defined by kannel
> var send_url =
> "http://localhost:13001/cgi-bin/sendsms?username=tester&password=foobar";
>
> // This is the final send_sms link
> var link    = send_url + "&to=" + number + "&text=" + text +
> "&dlr-mask=31&dlr-url=" +dlr_url
>
> window.location = link

this looks kind of ok. You might want to add a component to the DLR url such as
your own internal message id. Kannel will just play it back to you 1:1. So it
can help you to find the data of the original message. A database record ID for
example.

> finally is it work with Quescom 400 gate way device?

Can't answer that. No idea what this device is