Hey guys

I have a really weird sms issue I'm trying to clarify.  It is not a kannel
issue but this is really important for me.  I do appologise for using this
forum for this but have no idea where to turn my face for help.

The issue goes as this ;

There are three phones involved.  Two same carrier,  same country, (P1 and
P2) one from a different carrier and country (P3).

P3 claims it have sent several sms to P2 but gets dlr comming from P2 number

During a couple of hours, for testing MO mesaging,  P1 was using P2 sim.
P2 never sent a sms to P3,  neither from P2 phone nor when P2 sim was in P1
phone.

We haven't information about if P3 MO were sent when P2 sim was or not in
P1 phone.

P3 number was in P1 agenda but not in its sim.

P1 and P2 claims they never received those P3 MO.  However sometime before
and after the claims,  P1 and P3 exchanged sms without problems.

We have requested P1 and P2 sms reccords from carrier but they didn't show
the claimed messages.

Note tha kannel was not used here.  All transactions were made directly
between phones.

Any idea of what could had happened?

I know that when you insert a sim on a phone the phone gets some basic
parameters from sim/carrier but haven't more information.

Might P2 number had persisted on P1 phone after sim exchange for some time?

Arent sms delivered to sim and then fw to phone? And if sim has the
imsi/phone number,  how come might it send a dlr with P2 number?

Might it be that carrier smsc had P2 number along with P1 imei cached
somewhere?

I do really appreciate your help

Finally if you know about a good sms forum I may place my question,  please
let me know.

Alvaro

Sorry to use users &  devel lists,  but as said,  this issue is really
important to me since I'm being accussed of hacking phones and/or smsc.
Which I didn't.

--
Envíe y Reciba Datos y mensajes de Texto (SMS) hacia y desde cualquier