Mike McGrath wrote:
> I know they do.  I'm saying they shouldn't.  Yes, we'll fail sometimes.
> That's not to say it shouldn't be a goal.  I updated KDE just today and it
> left my taskbar all messed up [1]

While definitely annoying, I don't think that's what's going to keep you
from doing your work.

And have you tried cleaning out your pixmap cache as I suggested on IRC?

> and I got weird Nepomuk errors that required manual intervention to fix
> [2].

FWIW, you can continue your work even if you get that warning.

But as users (not just you) are seeing this as a big issue (which is kinda
surprising as the applications will still work despite that notice, except
for a few contacts-related features which aren't that frequently used),
we're probably going to push a kde-settings update to just enable Nepomuk by
default to shut this up.

        Kevin Kofler