On 01/05/2017 11:15 AM, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> On 01/05/2017 10:03 AM, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
>> * Do we need to care about 32-bit GUI applications on a 64-bit system?
>> Should we
>> decide that flatpak is the official answer for such cases?
>
> I care. What impact would this have on Wine? If users are unable to use 32-bit
> Windows apps, which are still a nice majority of apps, they'll quickly abandon
> Fedora. Eventually that majority will get switched, but I don't see it
> happening
> for at least 2-3 more years.

Sorry, using the word "care" there was poorly phrased. I meant more like "are
there 32-bit GUI applications that are very important and couldn't be made to
fit this new approach?". Wine is an interesting example I had not considered.

Are we certain that it couldn't be run from within a container, though? Possibly
via a wrapper?