Hi,

> > A hard break for Fedora 26 or 27 still makes me wonder why there's no
> > migration tool or script, rather than expect people with possibly
> > complex setups to have to redo configuration by hand?
> Yes.. this is the problem.. How does one migrate from one configuration
> model to another... smoothly...

Package /etc/nfs.conf as ghost, then in post-install:

 (1) If /etc/nfs.conf exists, don't touch it.
 (2) Otherwise, if /etc/syconfig/nfs exists, generate /etc/nfs.conf
     using the sysconfig settings
 (3) Otherwise copy default config from /usr/share/doc

> easily... In theory... There is talk about moving /etc/nfsmout.conf and
> /etc/idmount.conf into /etc/nfs.conf...

You might want to wait until this happened, that'll surely simplify the
transition.

cheers,
  Gerd