On Mon, Jan 07, 2019 at 17:04:11 -0500,
 John Harris <joh...@splentity.com> wrote:
On Monday, January 7, 2019 5:00:48 PM EST Stephen Gallagher wrote:
I think the only useful data we could get from unknown variants would
be "the number of times we see an unknown variant". So I think
throwing it away and just incrementing a counter of "the number of
times people have tried to poison the data" is probably reasonable.

I have to say that I actually disagree with this. It is possible that Fedora
Remixes could send the variant as being the name of their Remix. While my
Remix wouldn't do this (it is privacy oriented, and ensures only free
software), I can see the case for others.

Presumably groups that wanted these counts could let Fedora know the varient name to expect for counting.