On Sun, Feb 16, 2020 at 07:24:10 -0600,
 Richard Shaw <hobbes1...@gmail.com> wrote:
So I have several FTBFS bugs most likely from the new gcc being more
pedantic. I understand the bug at a high level but I think it would be nice
if someone who really understood it could perhaps document strategies for
figuring out how to find the right file that needs to be updated and how.

The most common fix I used was, using "extern" in all but one place.

The was also an odd case where the original developers used an enum to define constants and it needed to be a typedef, not an instance of the enum. (I don't know why they didn't use "define" to define the constants.)