On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 17:20:04 +0100,
 Leigh Griffin <lgrif...@redhat.com> wrote:
On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 5:06 PM David Kaufmann <as...@ionic.at> wrote:

We are trying to reduce the total ownership of the team to allow us to
provide value on initiatives that are requested of us by our stakeholders.

Pagure has value beyond Fedora and RedHat. In some ways it has more value than Fedora the OS, because there are less free options in the git forge space. (Gitlab isn't usably free as is. It would need a real fork to get out from under the sponsor's conflicts of interest.)

I would have expected the council to consider this an important project worth pursuing on its own, not just for running part of Fedora's infrastructure.