On Mon, Jun 29, 2020, at 6:57 PM, Markus Larsson wrote:
> On Mon, 2020-06-29 at 18:51 -0400, James Cassell wrote:
> > On Mon, Jun 29, 2020, at 6:43 PM, Markus S. wrote:
> > > Why not Stratis?
> >
> > Stratis cannot be used to build the root filesystem. (It's been
> > answered elsewhere in the thread.)
>
> Are we sure?
> https://github.com/stratis-storage/stratisd/issues/635
> While it might not be super there yet it seems it is technically
> working (I may be wrong I have done 0 tests).
> But given how new that is and that tolling around it isn't there it
> pretty far from being a viable default.

Indeed, a comment there says, "Yes this should work for root fs. No write up
has been done other than what is mentioned in this issue already."

So the stratis folks say it's possible.  I'd say it's safe to say there's no
Anaconda installer support for it (yet?), though...  Once upon a time, I opened
a Red Hat case asking how to use stratis for boot and they provided nothing
useful.

V/r,
James Cassell