On 01. 07. 20 17:37, Jerry James wrote:
On Wed, Jul 1, 2020 at 5:21 AM Miro Hrončok <mhron...@redhat.com> wrote:
I've worked on this in

https://src.fedoraproject.org/fork/churchyard/rpms/python-sphinx_rtd_theme/commits/generator

However, there is "tiny little problem" that makes it not work:

https://github.com/rpm-software-management/rpm/issues/1297

Nice!  Thank you, Miro, I like what you've done.  I'll wait to see the
resolution of your "tiny little problem" before doing anything more.

Well I think that before this is resolved, we can only add the requirement manually to all the affected Fedora packages and check newly added packages regularly.

Should the %{?python_provide...} line be removed?  It seems to be
redundant with the new python dependency generator.

Yes, if this will not be backported (I assume it won't, my generator for example only targets rawhide+).

I'm also thinking of purging all traces of html5shiv from the spec
file, and rewriting the reference to it in layout.html to something
like this:

   {# JAVASCRIPTS #}
   {%- block scripts %}
   <!--[if lt IE 9]>
     <script
src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/html5shiv/3.7.3/html5shiv.min.js";></script>
   <![endif]-->

What do you think?

Given the /usr/share font links in CSS won't work when the documentation is exposed via a webserver, I assume the docs are mostly intended to be browsed (possibly offline) from within Fedora anyway. As such, I would be inclined to simply drop the html5shiv part entirely, rather than pointing to a code that's outside of Fedora's area of influence. Whoever wants to browse the docs online will do it on readthedocs anyway.

--
Miro Hrončok