On Wed, Sep 01, 2021 at 10:47:05AM +0200, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> On Wednesday, 01 September 2021 at 10:01, Vitaly Zaitsev via devel wrote:
> > On 31/08/2021 18:53, Matthew Miller wrote:
> > > This is an off-shoot thought of the 32-bit ARM conversation. Right now, we
> > > build stuff like libreoffice for i686, but then (mostly) don't ship it.
> > > This seems like a waste of resources and time.
> >
> > +1. We should only build selected packages for multilib support (Steam,
> > Wine).
>
> That's not enough. As mentioned elsewhere in the thread, we need the
> whole build environment built for i686, including all BuildRequires:.

That is probably still a small number of packages compared to the
complete fedora package set.  So I'd expect "give koji a whitelist"
will work better than "blacklist in specfiles".

> Also, there are tons of old closed-source i686-only games that depend on
> i686 libraries other than Wine or Steam.

That should be a rather small set of packages too, probably not much
beyond SDL and maybe mesa for the newer ones.

Anything which does *not* go that route to display stuff and tries to
talk directly to the hardware (hello svgalib) will most likely not work
anyway on modern hardware ...

take care,
  Gerd