On to, 25 elo 2022, Miro Hrončok wrote:
On 24. 08. 22 22:53, Alasdair G Kergon wrote:
On Wed, Aug 24, 2022 at 09:50:59PM +0200, Fabio Valentini wrote:
I think some of those *-team / *-sig / *-maint pseudo-group users are
outdated. Most of them probably pre-date the existence of actual
groups, so they are probably all ancient. For example, we removed the
xgl-maint pseudo-group a while ago, because it was actually unused,
and its associated bugzilla account was disabled.
I wonder for how many of these groups the same is true, and whether we
should actually remove them from all packages where that's the case.
lvm-team is still in use as a package owner and default bugzilla
assignee.  To do anything of any significance using the account, we were
instructed to open a ticket to ask for the change to be made for us.

It has never been a member of the packager group because it was
decided that accounts that are not individuals cannot sign the
legal agreement that is a pre-requisite to being able to join that
group.

We use the python-maint pseudo-account to be the default Bugzilla assignee for Pythons, e.g. https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/python3.11

Note that it does *not* require the account to be listed in maintainers or to have commit rights.

Same for ipa-maint account.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy
Sr. Principal Software Engineer