On Thu, Aug 25, 2022 at 2:49 PM Chris Adams <li...@cmadams.net> wrote:

> Once upon a time, Ali Erdinc Koroglu <ali.erdinc.koro...@intel.com> said:
> > Dear maintainers,
> > Python-sendgrid [1] will be retiring after F37, because since v6.4.1
> > it depends to starkbank-ecdsa [2] which we can't add to Fedora
> > due to secp256k1 elliptic curve support.
>
> What's wrong with secp256k1?  Fedora already has libsecp256k1, so it
> doesn't appear that curve is blocked.

I seem to remember that there was a Fedora Legal Wiki page that listed
the elliptic curves that Fedora was not allowed to ship, but I can't
find it anywhere, so maybe it fell victim to the move to GitLab and
Fedora Docs (as did some other useful docs ...).

But secp256k1 in particular seems to be OK, it is shipped by both
nettle and OpenSSL:

$ openssl ecparam -list_curves
  secp224r1 : NIST/SECG curve over a 224 bit prime field
  secp256k1 : SECG curve over a 256 bit prime field
  secp384r1 : NIST/SECG curve over a 384 bit prime field
  secp521r1 : NIST/SECG curve over a 521 bit prime field
  prime256v1: X9.62/SECG curve over a 256 bit prime field

Fabio