Dne 02. 01. 23 v 14:09 Florian Weimer napsal(a):
* Vít Ondruch:

And yes, that is the problem why upstream can't see the issues we see,
despite they were so kind to test on Fedora. Luckily, there was
analysis of the issue which initially triggered this discussion done
by Mamoru [1] and it seem that the issue are caused by
LTO. Nevertheless, if there was some way to tell them lets say:

1) $ sudo dnf install fedora-official-build-flags

2) $ with-fedora-official-build-flags make

That would be super convenient and I still find surprising we don't
have anything like this.
After installing redhat-rpm-config, this works in bash and similar
shells:

$ eval `rpm --eval %set_build_flags`

Maybe we can make it more clear in buildflags.md that this macro is a
shell script fragment?

My gut answer was something about "who reads the documentation", but since I was referring to the buildflags.md in the issue, then this could be probably good start :D

But still, if there was something I can remember or even find via e.g. tab completion, that would be much better.

Vít

Thanks,
Florian