How dare you - I'm glad you did :)

Even though I'm a "mail/mailing list guy" using TUI MUAs, I found myself
turning delivery off on many high volume MLs where the volume does not
correspond to my contributor's frequency. I even read fedora-devel via
hyperkitty's web interface, which is really suboptimal. So I see both the value
and the problem with MLs. A different transport like public-inbox may help me
but not many others.

In any case, we have quite a fragmentation right now with the MLs, forum
(discourse), IRC, Matrix, plus tickets on various platforms (bz, dist-git,
pagure, gitlab) some of which offer teams and discussions, too. Choice is good,
fragmentation is not because it makes it hard to know:
- Where can I reach whom?
- Where can I discuss what?

So I'm really all for reducing that fragmentation, and it can be made to work
as a community decision only (community discussion that you started, whatever
committee's decision). Ideally, we reduce the platforms to a few which still
allow choices about how to participate (clickery vs tui, poll vs push/notify).
More technically oriented folks will be more capable to adapt technically (than
"pure users") but less willing to communicate by clicking around in a web
browser. A platform analysis in this regard could support that.