Hi Christopher,

On 6/13/23 23:26, Christopher Klooz via devel wrote:
> In case you are already aware of the issue, feel free to ignore this mail. I
> just want to make aware that there could be multiple interrelated (bug)
> reports that might be considered in conjunction and not on their own, given
> that the amount of affected users is above average (I could imagine this is
> not limited to ask.Fedora).
>
> As far as it concerns ask.Fedora: since 6.3 was introduced, we have many
> users in ask.Fedora with issues that seem to be ACPI related (more precisely,
> `ucsi_acpi`, but maybe not just this) and that makes it impossible to use
> kernels after 6.2.15 except with `module_blacklist=ucsi_acpi`.
>
> I already asked the users to provide a bug report (this is how I became aware
> that the report template was broken ;), but I am not sure if the report(s)
> illustrate the number of users that have come up with the same issue. Since
> not all users with issues end up on ask.Fedora, we don't know the actual
> number of affected systems, but so many users with the same kernel issue is a
> seldom phenomenon.
>
> So far, most users with 6.3.X ACPI-related issues are found in this topics:
>
> https://discussion.fedoraproject.org/t/fedora-hangs-on-boot-after-upgrading-to-kernel-6-3-4/83605/
>
> -> black screen after grub menu with stable kernels after 6.2.15
> -> everything fine with 6.2.15
> -> mitigation: module_blacklist=ucsi_acpi (several users confirmed this to
> mitigate the issue)
>
> Links to the related bug reports are contained.

Thank you for reporting this and for the well written summary of the issue.

I believe that this is an issue which was already fixed recently and for which
a patch is currently pending upstream:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/usb.git/commit/?h=usb-linus&id=c4a8bfabefed706bb9150867db528ceefd5cb5fe

I have submitted a merge-request to get this fix added to the Fedora kernels as
a downstream patch for now:

https://gitlab.com/cki-project/kernel-ark/-/merge_requests/2511

So that we can hopefully get this resolved for Fedora users ASAP.

Regards,

Hans