I actually copy-paste the Debian prompt since Debian Jessie on my systems.
Even though it uses blue-green colors, I can see it very well on both white and black background.

I think it would be nicer if we played around with several options and have the user have a simple way of choosing. There are many variants, some using git info, some using exit codes and so...