Am Fr., 8. Dez. 2023 um 23:58 Uhr schrieb Jerry James <loganje...@gmail.com
>:

> Please keep your replies on the public mailing list where the
> conversation started.
>
> On Fri, Dec 8, 2023 at 3:39 PM Rafel Amer Ramon <rafel.a...@upc.edu>
> wrote:
> > As a first attempt, I didn't use the patches beacuse a lot of them
> failed.
> > Today I have revised and modified some of the patches and I can apply 20
> > of them.

> That would be great.  Hopefully upstream makes good progress on
> supporting python 3.12.

 Are there any packages in Fedora which depend on sagemath?

I don't want to discourage anyone from packaging sagemath. But I do think
that sagemath is a prime example of an "app", something that is best
installed as a user (not system wide) via a package manager such as
pip+venv/conda and the like, in particular isolating dependencies (exact
requirements) for that app.

I also think that we have too many leaf packages in Fedora and packagers'
time is better spent on a solid base, not fighting the dependency hell of
an app. Just my 2cents, and no, I'm not a flatpak fanboy either, but no
matter how you run "apps", a solid Fedora base rocks ;-)

Cheers,
Michael