On Thu Jan 25, 2024 at 20:34 +0100, Miro Hrončok wrote:
> Hello.

Hi Miro,

Thanks for the announcement!

> Now when python-flit-core has been split out of python-flit, I do no longer
> have a use-case for python-flit and hence I have orphaned it.

For context, flit-core is the PEP 517 build backend that we need for use
with %pyproject_* in RPM builds. python3-flit provides the flit CLI that
can be used for basic Python project management (publishing to PyPI and
such). python3-flit and python3-flit-core used to be built from the same
SRPM, but we recently split it into two separate packages to simply the
specfile and help with RHEL builds.

While Python developers can always install the flit CLI with pipx or in
a virtual environment, it is nice to have a global version managed by
the system package manager.

I'll probably end up taking the package.

> $ repoquery -q --repo=rawhide{,-source} --whatrequires flit
> python-perky-0:0.8.2-3.fc39.src
> python-pydyf-0:0.8.0-1.fc40.src
> python-pyrpm-0:0.14.1-3.fc39.src
> python-signature-dispatch-0:1.0.1-4.fc39.src
> python-vecrec-0:0.3.1-11.fc40.src
> weasyprint-0:60.2-1.fc40.src
>
> The packages would probably build fine with flit-core (happy to help with
> that
> if you are interested).

Regardless, those packages should switch to using flit-core to build.
Pulling in all of flit is not necessary for RPM builds.

--
Maxwell G (@gotmax23)
Pronouns: He/They