Hi Josh,

On Fri, Feb 23, 2024 at 09:23:34AM -0500, Joshua Stone wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>

> I also spend time maintaining several apps on Flathub, and I'd like to
> expand maintenance efforts to Fedora!

Welcome!

> Earlier I filed a request for unorphaning a package:
>
> https://pagure.io/releng/issue/11963
>
> It would appear that there are several requirements I must fulfill,
> especially finding a sponsor. If there's anyone who can help, then I'd
> really appreciate it! I hope to be more involved with the Fedora community!

You might want to join https://matrix.to/#/#golang:fedoraproject.org -
the Golang SIG members are there, and you might get one of them to
sponsor you.

Note that there is a specific template to use for unretiring (not
unorphaning - the package is retired because it was orphaned for too
long), and it would have asked for the Bugzilla issue for the re-review
- the package would have to be reviewed again as if it's a new package.

I can't link to the template now since it seems OpenID is acting up
right now :(

This provides the full instructions for becoming a packager:
https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/package-maintainers/Joining_the_Package_Maintainers/

and this for unretiring

https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/package-maintainers/Package_Retirement_Process/#claiming

and these are the packaging guidelines for Golang

https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/packaging-guidelines/Golang/

HTH,

--
Michel Lind