Dne 25. 02. 24 v 18:02 Ralf Corsépius napsal(a):

Am 24.02.24 um 10:12 schrieb Samuel Sieb:
On 2/24/24 00:47, Ralf Corsépius wrote:
Am 24.02.24 um 01:36 schrieb Samuel Sieb:
On 2/23/24 15:38, Sérgio Basto wrote:
On Sat, 2024-02-24 at 00:06 +0100, Ralf Corsépius wrote:

Am 23.02.24 um 22:37 schrieb Samuel Sieb:
On 2/23/24 10:50, Ralf Corsépius wrote:

# dnf system-upgrade download --releasever=40
No match for group package "multican"

WTH?

It was a program for controlling Canon cameras that has been
retired.
Some group you have installed has that package listed in it.
Ah, this likely explains why neither "dnf repoquery" nor "dnf group
list" could find "multican".

  The comps
groups need to be cleaned out and that's just a warning.
Well, ... IMHO, most about comps and groups is in an embarrassing
unusable shape.

No match for group package "baekmuk-ttf-batang-fonts"
[snip]
No match for group package "util-linux-user"

I got these ones , is something on my rpm db ?

I am seeing these on another machine, too.

I expect you would see that on all machines.

No.  Well, sort of.  As mentioned, those are packages that have been removed from the distro, but are still listed in the comps groups. dnf checks the installed groups for packages that need to be updated and can't find these ones.
Really? How do I check for which groups I have installed?

At least I haven't found any way to check for them, neither with rpm nor with dnf.

dnf group list --installed

# dnf group list --installed
Last metadata expiration check: 4:04:39 ago on Sun 25 Feb 2024 01:48:48 PM CET.
Installed Environment Groups:
   Xfce Desktop
Installed Groups:
   Administration Tools
   LibreOffice
   Fonts
   Hardware Support

# dnf system-upgrade --release=40 download
No match for group package "paktype-ajrak-fonts"

Just looking at the first one, this is defined here:

https://pagure.io/fedora-comps/blob/main/f/comps-f40.xml.in#_2189

https://pagure.io/fedora-comps/blob/main/f/comps-f41.xml.in#_2189

So if those packages were dropped, then the same person who did that should update also the groups.

Looking at dist-git:

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/paktype-ajrak-fonts

It seems those were removed due to being orphaned. That suggest that the process should be improved to cover comps. Adding the responsible people on CC.

Vít

No match for group package "eosrei-emojione-fonts"
No match for group package "google-noto-sans-phags-pa-fonts"
No match for group package "multican"
No match for group package "nafees-pakistani-web-naskh-fonts"
No match for group package "baekmuk-ttf-batang-fonts"
No match for group package "layla-thuluth-fonts"
No match for group package "layla-digital-fonts"
No match for group package "lohit-nepali-fonts"
No match for group package "google-noto-looped-thai-fonts"
No match for group package "nafees-tehreer-naskh-fonts"
No match for group package "lohit-tamil-classical-fonts"
No match for group package "samyak-gujarati-fonts"
No match for group package "layla-arcyarc-fonts"
No match for group package "nafees-riqa-fonts"
No match for group package "gimp-heif-plugin"
No match for group package "kalapi-fonts"
No match for group package "ibus-bogo"
No match for group package "samyak-devanagari-fonts"
No match for group package "scim-sayura"
No match for group package "lohit-malayalam-fonts"
No match for group package "nafees-pakistani-naskh-fonts"
No match for group package "samyak-odia-fonts"
No match for group package "layla-basic-arabic-fonts"
No match for group package "layla-diwani-fonts"
No match for group package "samyak-tamil-fonts"
No match for group package "nafees-naskh-fonts"
No match for group package "nafees-web-naskh-fonts"
No match for group package "cdac-sakal-marathi-fonts"
No match for group package "layla-ruqaa-fonts"
No match for group package "samyak-malayalam-fonts"
No match for group package "layla-boxer-fonts"
No match for group package "baekmuk-ttf-hline-fonts"
No match for group package "fontawesome-fonts"
No match for group package "baekmuk-ttf-gulim-fonts"
No match for group package "nafees-nastaleeq-fonts"
No match for group package "layla-koufi-fonts"
No match for group package "baekmuk-ttf-dotum-fonts"

My actual problem seems to be not being able to get rid of the "installed groups".

"dnf group remove <group>" apparently uninstalls all packages from this <group>.

This is not what I want. I want to remove the comps-groups from my system, because of the harmful effects they obviously have.

Ralf