> It's a bit unfortunate that Rust used the shebang syntax here,
> although in practice they couldn't be confused as these files
> shouldn't ever be executable.

It's _possible_ to play comment tricks for executable rust scripts,
because rustc allows and ignores actual shebang lines.

#!/bin/bash -e
#![cfg(unix)] /* (any attribute as a shell comment)
# shell here to self-compile
rustc "$0" -o ./foo
exec ./foo "$@"
(end rust comment) */
// continue in rust here
fn main() { ... }

There is also a real "cargo script" feature in development:
https://github.com/rust-lang/cargo/issues/12207

> It's also correct that RPM worries about this file since it is
> installed (in debuginfo) and appears to contain a shebang.
>
>> Is there a way to tell rpmbuild not to worry about this?
>
> rust.spec has this in %prep, and /usr/lib/rpm/redhat/brp-mangle-shebangs
> only seems to care about executable files, so this should help:
>
>   # Sometimes Rust sources start with #![...] attributes, and "smart" editors
> think
>   # it's a shebang and make them executable. Then brp-mangle-shebangs gets
> upset...
>   find -name '*.rs' -type f -perm /111 -exec chmod -v -x '{}' '+'

I may have to make that smarter if "cargo script" gets used.

For now though, clearing everything should be fine.