Even when the two distros are on separate drives.  I have tested all
combinations, and
Fedora40 grub2-mkconfig  does not allow two Fedora40's on the same system.
Try it. Put F40Workstation on one drive and F40KDE on a second drive

Leslie Satenstein

    On Thursday, April 18, 2024 at 04:45:35 p.m. EDT, Samuel Sieb
<sam...@sieb.net> wrote:

 On 4/18/24 12:42, Leslie Satenstein via devel wrote:
> With my testing, I could not install  one copy of Fedora40gnome and then
> on the same system the copy of Fedora40KDE.
>
> Whatever came second, has a signature for grub2-mkconfig, that causes
> the first F40 menuentrys to be replaced by the latter.  My computer bios
> shows the same duplicates.
>
> But I am OK with F39 and F40 being on the same drive.

Please don't massively cross-post like this.  Having multiple installs
of Fedora on the same system is not a "supported" configuration.  You're
kind of on your own for that.