On 09/22/2011 11:31 AM, Kalev Lember wrote:
> On 09/22/2011 12:05 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>> On 09/20/2011 01:12 PM, Branched Report wrote:
>>> Compose started at Tue Sep 20 08:15:41 UTC 2011
>>>
>>> Broken deps for x86_64
>>
>> This breakage is weird:
>>
>>>     hosts3d-1.13-2.fc15.x86_64 requires libglfw.so.2.6()(64bit)
>>
>> In Fedora<  16, libglfw was provided by libglfw.
>>
>> In git,
>> * hosts3d is marked "dead.package" on master and has
>>     branches for Fedora<  f17.
>> * libglfw is marked "dead.package" on master and has
>>     branches for Fedora<  f16.
>>     Besides this, libglfw is in non-buildable/broken shape for f15.
>>
>> Note: There is _no_ branch for libglfw/f16 !!!
>>

>> Inside of the rpm repositories,
>> * there are host3d packages for both rawhide and f16.
>> * there are _no_ libglfw package for neither rawhide or f16.
>>
>> =>  The rpm repositories and git are in inconsistent shape.
>>
>> How do we want to get out of this mess?

Preliminary note: I am not these package's maintainer. I was trying to
resolve this issue with my "proven packager" hat on and found these
packages to be in a situations, I can't help much.

> Depends on how you want to resolve this. If you are going for
> resurrecting the packages, then fix them up to build again and submit
> new package review requests.

I have a version of libglfw which is buildable for f16, but ... I cann't
commit it, because there is no f16 branch in git ;)

> If you want to finish removing host3d,
I don't know why hosts3d was removed from master.

  From what I can gather in libglfw/f15, my guess would be, the original
maintainer has hit the limitations of his skills and has given up.

> then there are two more steps to do:
>   - retire host3d F16 branch in pkgdb
>   - file a ticket with the rel-eng trac to have host3d blocked in koji
>     for F16+
>
> Blocking it in koji will get rid of the rpms in the rpm repos.
>
> See the Package End of Life instructions at:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/PackageEndOfLife

My proposal would be someone with appropriate privileges to add the
missing libglfw/f16 branch. (Modulo the freeze) this would allow to
resolve the broken deps issue for f16.

Still, another question remains: How could dead packages make it into
rawhide?

Ralf