On 19 March 2013 11:41, Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mail...@laposte.net> wrote:

> Le Mar 19 mars 2013 12:27, Ian Malone a écrit :
>> On 19 March 2013 11:24, Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mail...@laposte.net>
>> wrote:

>>> The perception correct UTF-8 handling is a triviality that should be
>>> worked on at some later date is the reason we have this breakage now.
>>>

>> No, the exact spelling of the release name is a triviality when there
>> is a typographically acceptable alternative.
>>
>> Yet another post on the devel list which seeks to cast the previous
>> poster in the worst possible light when there might be a more rational
>> interpretation of what they wrote. Can people try and be a little bit
>> more reasonable and less combative maybe?
>
> Pot, met kettle. Don't ask others to be less combative when you choose
> such a loaded word as triviality to qualify some problem they care about.

Are you talking about the choice of ö versus 'oe' as a workaround or
something else? Because what you said was that I was calling UTF-8
support a triviality, which I didn't. And you've ignored my attempt to
clarify that instead following up with a playground retort  And this
goes on and on on this list. It generates endless circular discussions
which degenerate into name calling and does nothing more useful than
waste people's time and entrench their positions.

For what it's worth, I spent a while years ago helping out with issues
of UTF-8 support in Vorbis. I filled the odd bug for UTF-8 emacs
support in Fedora. It is something I do care about.

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk