On 19/11/15 09:11, Reindl Harald wrote:

Am 19.11.2015 um 01:46 schrieb Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek:
2. What about non-glibc stuff? /usr/share/locale/ is 800MB on my
system. It
   would be nice to trim this down too. Afaics, #156477 or the glibc
   subpackaging proposal will not help here at all

800 MB?

on my desktop it's 459 MB
on servers between between 89 MB and 124 MB

interesting where these differences are from and yes it's large because
it's around 10% of the whole rootfs

Well it entirely depends on what packages are installed.

On my desktop it's 894Mb, on a stripped down firewall box it's only 107Mb.

It's not just glibc - anything that installs translations will be putting stuff in /usr/share/locale/*/LC_MESSAGES.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (t...@compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/