Lets please be careful not to over-engineer. While Mike makes good
points, we have this wonderful human social network we can depend upon
as well. E.g., If I am downloading something from your machine, I can
ask you to hold on a second until I finish. Let's take advantage of
the fact that the kids are in the same community/school most of the
time and not worry so much about corner cases until we have some more
breathing room.

-walter

Walter Bender
One Laptop per Child