Interesting.

It doesn't prevent boot of an XO in my tests just now.  Open Firmware
simply ignores the device, and won't boot from it.  Sugar sees the
drive fine.

# dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdc bs=1M count=1
# mkudffs -b 512 --media-type=hd /dev/sdc

For USB flash drives, I know that some devices do wear levelling
differently for the FAT filesystem areas, so I would not recommend UDF
for USB flash drives.

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 12:51:02AM -0400, Kevin Mark wrote:
> On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 12:28:40AM -0400, Holt wrote:
> > Braddock will also try to convert his 1TB NTFS drive(s) to ext3 as a
> > workaround.  Thanks so much James.
> >
> I found this in my RSS travels, seems it might be something to test:
>
> http://tanguy.ortolo.eu/blog/article93/usb-udf
> -Kevix

James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/