OK, I might've found where the problem is. a -> b will mean b is a's child
(a is b's parent (doesn't have to be a visual parent). Then

SilicaFlickable -> Column -> SilicaListView -> Column (a delegate) ->
TextField.

So maybe SilicaListView isn't simply the TextField's visual parent?
TextAutoScroller.qml has some code for multiple Flickables.

Maybe it'd be a good idea to add an option to specify the Flickable to
scroll to manually?

--
Marcin