Martin: free software is really great unless you have to pay for a place to
sleep and for stuff to eat, e.g. as a univerisity student. You don't get a
big revenue from donations unless you create something really big (e.g. the
Whatsapp clients). And you rarely create big stuff. If you need money for
such things, a payment in a store is superior to a donation method. Correct
me if I'm wrong.

--
Marcin