Hello,

I'm working at the porters team and this FOSS Android compatibility layer
is somewhat a Holy Grail for us porters. Currently our idea is that we
should somehow get Chromium runtime, essentially doing QtWebEngine from Qt
5.4 with nacl support to get this. This would lead to testing the ARC
project from Google (which is unfortunately not fully open source). The
person who is doing this (or at least gives it a shot) goes by the IRC nick
nh1402 (couldn't do a whois while writing this, as he was offline).

So the work going for this has been at least laid the foundation for the
Android runtime to happen on probably both Jolla devices and potentially on
ported devices.

Aleksi