Hi Iosif,

> in my makefile I have defined DEBUG & _DEBUG and I don't use for the debug
> version the linker flag -s (for stripping)

This sounds like your project is not using Qmake - if this is true than I am
not sure I can help you.

> Does anyone know if there is a setting in the QtCreator IDE or any other way
> so that I am not transferred into assembly but on the actual .cpp file so I
> can check the code?

For Qmake based projects debugging on Sailfish devices works out of box
including navigation to source code. Just switch to debug build configuration
in Projects mode, rebuild, and you can start debugging. Debugger will transfer
you to your source code for sure. Does this work for you with basic application
created with the "Sailfish OS Qt Quick Application" wizard?

BR,
Martin