I'm not a lawyer but apparently something is fundamentally wrong with LGPLv3. This sounds similar to what I heard about it:

http://nmav.gnutls.org/2013/03/the-perils-of-lgplv3.html

-Slava

Even more detailed view : http://www.ics.com/blog/changes-qt-licensing

On Tue, Jan 3, 2017 at 11:58 AM, Tone Kastlunger <users.giulie...@gmail.com <mailto:users.giulie...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Weird,
    http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/licensing.html
    <http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/licensing.html> from here only MIT /
    BSD-Style licenses are mentioned.
    Where's the issue there?

    tortoisedoc

    On Tue, Jan 3, 2017 at 11:46 AM, Rinigus <rinigus....@gmail.com>
    wrote:

        Morning,

        Slava, would you mind to check out which licensing terms
        prevent QtLocation specifically? Or maybe someone else knows
        specifics? Is there any hope that the situation would change
        in future?

        I wonder whether all platforms are hit by it or whether Ubuntu
        Touch complies with the new terms and, as a result, has an
        advantage when compared to SFOS in this case.

        Best wishes,

        Rinigus

        On Tue Jan 3 10:20:55 2017 GMT+0100, Slava Monich wrote:
        > As far as I understand, QtLocation license terms have
        changed and that
        > prevents it from being upgraded to 5.6 which is its first stable
        > release. That's why it's not allowed and won't be allowed
        even after the
        > rest of Qt is upgraded to 5.6.
        >
        > Qt 5.6 is coming with the next update. Those modules that
        can't be
        > upgraded due to licensing restrictions will stay at 5.2.
        >
        > Cheers,
        > -Slava
        >

        > > Hello Sailors!
        > >
        > > As I already told you, I am working on the Berlin Vegan
        guide for SailfishOS:

> > <https://github.com/micuintus/harbour-Berlin-Vegan/tree/development
        <https://github.com/micuintus/harbour-Berlin-Vegan/tree/development>>
        > >      <https://openrepos.net/content/micuintus/berlin-vegan
        <https://openrepos.net/content/micuintus/berlin-vegan>>

        > > Recently, I added a map feature to the app:
        > >
> > <https://github.com/micuintus/harbour-Berlin-Vegan/issues/41
        <https://github.com/micuintus/harbour-Berlin-Vegan/issues/41>>

        > > But to my astonishment, I realized that using QtLocation
        is currently rejected
        > > by the Harbour RPM validator:
        > >
        > >> Requires
        > >> ========
        > >> ERROR [libQt5Location.so.5] Cannot require shared library:
        > >> 'libQt5Location.so.5' ERROR [qt5-plugin-geoservices-osm]
        Dependency not