Neither "pkcon update" nor "ssu re 2.1.0.11" helped in any way....

As a side note to the Jolla peeps: it's ridiculous that the error message
of the store show and then just disappears instead of remaining as a
notification, I must have initially ran "download" a bunch of times before
I was finally looking at my screen while it failed.