Hello,

I’m currently in the process of integrating custom icons into my app. I
need this because the available icons in the silica theme simply do not
cover every use case.

I’d like to benefit from icon coloring and correct size selection.
However, it seems the "theme" icon provider only looks in the system
folders, not the app folder (at least that's what strace shows).

From a quick look, it seems every app is somehow reinventing the wheel
here, using its own custom image provider or other techniques to
provide the path.

Isn't there something smarter to do ? I can't find where the theme
image provider gets registered, but i suppose it would be a far better
solution to just extend it somehow, and provide a search path for the
app folder (the logic being the same).

Any advices / hints on this ?

Regards,

Julien