Loïc Minier wrote:

 Yes, but I have access to the RFC 2822 message before it was sent to
 Mbuni, and there was no X-Mms-Transaction-Id.

 I've read thoroughly the code generating Transaction-Id, and hashing,
 and discovered a bunch of kannel functions I didn't knew about, but
 couldn't find anything wrong.

 The only thing I could think of was an OOM error since mbuni had been
 running for a while, and woohoo, this is what I found in my kern.log
 (I'm ashamed I didn't think of this log during my first round of
 investigations):
    Jan  6 16:48:17 vm-13 kernel: Out of Memory: Killed process 24624
    (mmsrelay).

 The good news: mbuni didn't crash but was killed (ie. that explains why
 the process disappeared), and it probably didn't handle too well an OOM
 error.

 The bad news: mbuni probably leaks a bit.

we need to investigate leaking using valgrind... do you know how to handle valgrind to investigate memory leaks?

 It seems Stipe still found a bug which happened in these conditions (I
 doubt it was pure coincidence).

yep, there are several issues in Mbuni that are not "error-safe". Ie. a PDU without transaction ID should be discarded.

 This was via a HTTP proxy indeed, and I wasn't running any network
 trace at the time it happened.  The HTTP proxy logs weren't verbose
 enough to get anything useful.

ok, so you aren't able to reproduce the same behaviour?

Stipe

--
Für weitere Fragen stehe ich Ihnen gerne telefonisch
oder via E-Mail zur Verfügung.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Stipe Tolj
OSS System Architect

Kölner Landstrasse 419
40589 Düsseldorf, NRW, Germany

tolj.org system architecture      Kannel Software Foundation (KSF)
http://www.tolj.org/              http://www.kannel.org/

mailto:st_{at}_tolj.org           mailto:stolj_{at}_kannel.org