Actually Mbuni has a so-called resolver module plug-in, which allows
you to plug in a script or module that determines if a number is
local or not. I expect somebody out there does have a script that
actually uses this functionality to implement what you are talking
about.

  There have been unhappy noises about this script-based interface,
so chances are it will be augmented/replaced with an HTTP-based
interface.

P.