According to MSDN documentation, 0x478 retval code is ecWrongServer.

Exchange is using this retval code in OpenMsgStore reply (Logon in the
IDL) to specify it returns a "redirect response buffer". At the moment,
the redirect response buffer IDL is not implemented and may need to
rework some of the internals to support it.

This kind of problems generally appear in a clustered Exchange server
where the user mailbox is moved from a server to another.

Does the environment described above is somewhat similar to yours?
With anticipation, I'd suggest (temporary hack) to retry on the server
that actually hosts the user mailbox.

Cheers,
Julien.