Jean-Marc Pigeon <j...@safe.ca> writes:

>       Added syslog.c such container /proc/kmsg and host /proc/kmsg
>       do not leak in each other.
>       Running rsyslog daemon within a container won't destroy
>       host kernel messages.

If the goal is to not destroy the host kernel messages the much
simpler solution would be to simply disable /proc/kmsg in the container.
I expect we can get that for free with a some bug fixes to the user
namespace (aka if you are not in the global namespace you can't
touch /proc/kmsg).

Additionally except for the possible exception of logging firewall rules
I can't think of a case where I would want kernel printk's in anything
other than the global kernel ring buffer.

Eric