On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, Wayne Whitney wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, Marc Aurele La France wrote:

> > OK, thanks.  Please try the attached.

> That patch works great!  Thank you very much.

You're welcome.  I'll commit this shortly (meaning that this'll show up in
4.3).

>                                                In case it is of interest,
> I have appended below the int10 hunk of a diff of the log files with your
> patch--XFree86.0.log is on the primary AGP RADEON VE and XFree86.1.log is
> on the secondary PCI RADEON 7000.

> I thought I would mention the two other problems I still have with my
> setup, in case they are of interest to you.

> 1) If I attempt to run multihead using both cards with the latest CVS
> version (fix 789), I get the following error:

>     (II) Reloading /usr/X11R6-CVS/lib/modules/drivers/radeon_drv.o
>     Symbol xf86SetDDCproperties from module
>/usr/X11R6-CVS/lib/modules/drivers/radeon_drv.o is unresolved!

> This is an improvement from a few days ago, when there were many "Symbol
> unresolved" messages.

> 2) There is a text mode corruption problem with the PCI Radeon 7000.  It
> occurs as soon as XFree86 is run on this card after it has been
> initialized.  So if the PCI card is initialized by the BIOS, it occurs the
> first time I run XFree86; if the AGP card is initialized by the BIOS, it
> occurs the second time I run XFree86 on the PCI card.  The text mode is
> corrupted to a bunch of flashing half block characters, and this occurs
> before the display enters graphics mode.

> In case it is useful, I have included below the full diff between the log
> file when I first run XFree86 on the PCI Radeon 7000 and the second time I
> run XFree86 on it, when the corruption occurs.  This is with the system
> BIOS set to initialize the AGP card.

This appears related to issues being discussed on a different thread.
I'll wait to see what happens there, before doing anything about it.

Marc.

|  Marc Aurele La France           |  work:   1-780-492-9310           |
|  Computing and Network Services  |  fax:    1-780-492-1729           |
|  352 General Services Building   |  email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]          |
|  Edmonton, Alberta               |                                   |
|  T6G 2H1                         |     Standard disclaimers apply    |
|  CANADA                          |                                   |