Mark Vojkovich writes:
 >   The only current implementation that I know of is on IA64.
 > Maybe Egbert or Marc have been keeping track of this.  I'm not
 > sure how we post secondary cards on IA64 with EFI BIOS cards.
 >
 >   Aside from that issue I don't think it changes the drivers any.

As it looks like we may be able to use EFI as a generic
(unaccelerated) interface to the graphics HW much as we
do with the vesa driver today.
It looks like the kernel will have to support EFI in order
for us to use it. Therefore the kernel may just provide
a generic interface similar to the current fbdev interface.

We need to see how (re)POSTing of hardware can be done with
EFI. Drivers that rely on vbe functions today will have to
be modified.

Egbert.