From: Juliusz Chroboczek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Some patches to luit
Date: 15 Mar 2003 00:01:51 +0100

> IT> intro(2) manpage on Solaris, which said:
>
> IT> |      effective user ID and effective group ID prior to an exec of
>
> Interesting.  Which version of Solaris are you using?
>
> I think it must be a documentation bug; it appears to be fixed under
> 5.8.  Check also the execve(2) page.

I agree that it looks like a documentation bug.  I was reading
manpages on Solaris 2.6.  exec(2) page does not mention anything about
saved UID on Solaris 2.6 though intro(2) page refers to exec(2) page.
Thanks for pointing it out.

Best regards,
Tsuyoshi

---   ITO Tsuyoshi  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   ---
--- Dept. of Computer Science, University of Tokyo. ---